Molecular sieve is a crystalline metal aluminosilicate with a three-dimensional interconnected network of silica and alumina tetrahedra. By heating, the natural water in the form of hydrates can be removed from the structure, resulting in uniform pores that can selectively adsorb molecules of specific sizes.
Molecular sieves of 4 to 8 mesh are usually used in gas phase applications, while molecular sieves of 8 to 12 mesh are usually used in liquid phase applications. 3A, 4A, 5A and 13X molecular sieve powders are designed for special applications.
4A Molecular Sieve Introduction
The pore size of 4A molecular sieve is 4A. It adsorbs water, methanol, ethanol, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, ethylene, and propylene. It does not adsorb any molecules (including propane) with a diameter greater than 4A. Its selective adsorption performance for water is higher than any other molecule. It is one of the most widely used molecular sieve varieties in industry.
1. Auxiliaries for polyester
The role of 4A molecular sieve as a detergent auxiliary is mainly to exchange calcium ions in the water to produce demineralized water, remove dirt and prevent the redeposition of dirt. 4A molecular sieve can also be used as a molding agent for soap, a friction agent for toothpaste, etc.
2. Sewage treatment
4A molecular sieve can remove NH3-N, Pb2+, Cu2+, Zn2+, Cd2+, etc. in sewage. The sewage discharged from industry, agriculture, civil and aquatic animal husbandry contains ammonia nitrogen, which not only harms the survival of fishes and pollutes the internal breeding environment, but also promotes the growth of algae, leading to the blocking of rivers and lakes.
3. Other uses
(1) Water treatment-hard water softener, which can replace the sulfonated coal widely used in my country at present, thereby reducing costs;
(2) Metallurgical industry-separating agent, separating and extracting potassium, rubidium and cesium in brine. In industry, it is used to enrich, separate and extract metals and other processes;
(3) Petrochemical industry----catalyst, desiccant, adsorbent;
(4) Agriculture-soil improver;
(5) Medicine-silver-loaded zeolite antibacterial agent.