Ammonium chloride, abbreviated as "chlorinated ammonium", also known as brine sand, is a quick-acting nitrogen chemical fertilizer with a nitrogen content of 24% to 25%, which is a physiological acid fertilizer. It is suitable for crops such as wheat, rice, corn, rape, etc., especially for cotton and linen crops, which has the effect of reinforcing fiber toughness and tension and improving quality. Because of the nature of ammonium chloride and if it is not applied properly, it will often bring some adverse effects to the soil and crops, but as long as the correct method is applied, the crops can grow up.
What is the role of ammonium chloride in fertilizers?
NH4Cl Look at this external formula, we can know that there is one NH4+ and one Cl-, the former has N, the latter has Cl-, and the application to the soil is of course either to provide Cl- or to provide NH4+. However, according to the general view of China, only NH4+ is provided, which is then absorbed by plants and converted into amino groups for use by plants. Therefore, the role of ammonium chloride is to provide the N element.
How to apply ammonium chloride fertilizer, apply ammonium chloride fertilizer skills.
1. Used as a base fertilizer. After ammonium chloride is applied as a base fertilizer, it should be watered in time to rinse the chloride ions in the fertilizer to the lower layer of the soil to reduce the adverse effects on the crop.
2. Used as top dressing. In practice, ammonium chloride is most suitable for use as a top dressing for rice. It has better effect than ammonium sulfate with equal nitrogen content, and the dosage per mu is generally about 10 to 17.5 kg. However, the principle of a small number of times should be mastered when ammonium chloride is used as a top dressing.
3. Not suitable for use as a fertilizer and a fertilizer. Because ammonium chloride produces water-soluble chlorides in the soil, affecting seed germination and seedling growth.
The following issues should be noted in the application of ammonium chloride:
(1) It is not suitable for chlorine-sensitive crops such as tobacco, sugar cane, sugar beet, tea tree and potato. Watermelon, grapes, etc. should not be used for a long time.
(2) It should not be used on saline-alkali grounds where drainage is unfavorable to prevent soil salt damage.
(3) Ammonium chloride is most suitable for paddy fields, and is not suitable for areas with dry and dry conditions.
Precautions for purchasing, using and storing ammonium chloride products
Ammonium chloride (NH4Cl), also known as ammonium chloride, is usually a by-product of the joint production of soda ash. It is a physiological acid quick-acting nitrogen fertilizer. The normal nitrogen content is between 22% and 25%. It will agglomerate after moisture absorption. For neutral soils and calcareous soils.
It is recommended that farmers' friends should pay attention to the following points when purchasing, using and storing ammonium chloride products:
1. When purchasing, first judge from the appearance, pure ammonium chloride is white or slightly yellow square or octahedral small crystal, tastes salty, heated sublimation or decomposition, on the surface is very similar to salt ,soluble in water.
2, when purchasing, you should also choose products with large scale, good quality reputation and packaging labeling specifications.
How to improve the utilization rate of ammonium chloride
Ammonium chloride is the most commonly used fertilizer for crop cultivation, but excessive use not only inhibits crop growth, but also affects soil quality. Therefore, it is now recommended that farmers use moderate amounts of fertilizers, which will also reduce production costs. In this case, increasing the utilization of ammonium chloride is the key to growth.
1. Reasonable distribution: Ammonium chloride is applied to soil with good yielding effect. According to the test results, it is proved that the utilization rate is higher on the poor and low-yielding soil with good groundwater quality and low basic output, and the yield increase effect is more significant;
2, deep application of soil: deep application combined with covering soil can increase the adsorption of ammonium ions in the soil, reduce volatilization, has a significant yield increase effect on ammonium chloride, the depth of fertilization should be combined with the characteristics of crop varieties and fertilization amount. If the amount of chemical fertilizer is small and the root system of the crop is shallow, the shallow application of the middle layer (6-12 cm deep) is better; the amount of chemical fertilizer is large, the root system of the crop is developed, the depth of the soil is deep, and the branch is wide. 15 cm) is appropriate;
3, due to soil fertilization: the application of ammonium chloride must allow consideration of the soil fertilizer and fertilizer characteristics. The soil layer is deep, and the land with strong fertility is mainly based on base fertilizer. Once a top dressing, wind and sand with poor fertility, and sand leakage, the principle of eating less and eating more should be adhered to, and fertilization should be carried out in several stages;
4. Cooperating with nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers: The normal growth and development of crops requires the coordinated supply of various nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.